TV Licence Allowance
Clay Cross Parish Council is the only Parish Council in North East Derbyshire to give an allowance to residents.
Councillors of Clay Cross Parish Council agreed that the Parish will reimburse £25 towards the cost of a TV Licence to residents who live within the Parish of Clay Cross subject to the following conditions:
- You are a resident of the Parish of Clay Cross.
- You are 60 years old or over on application.
- You are the holder of a current TV licence.
- You understand that only one payment is made per household.
- Only one reimbursement can be made in any one financial year. A financial year runs from 1st April to 31st March.
You are NOT entitled to a Parish Council reimbursement if you hold a free TV Licence for people aged 75+ as determined by TV Licensing.
Where do I apply for my reimbursement?
You must call into the Parish Council Offices in Clay Cross yourself. If you are housebound or genuinely unable to make a personal call you should send a brief note to that effect to: Clay Cross Parish Council, Clay Cross Social Centre, Market Street, Clay Cross, Chesterfield, S45 9JE or telephone 01246 862812 or 01246 861406.
What should I bring with me when I apply?
- You must bring your new/valid TV Licence.
- You must bring proof of age, eg birth certificate, passport, prescription, medical card or a plastic driving licence with photo. REMEMBER: a Gold Card is not accepted as proof of age.
- If you are 75 and over please bring in the letter from TV Licensing confirming your payment status.
- Details of your Bank Account to enable the payment to be made to you.