Serving the people of Clay Cross

Cemetery

The original Cemetery site of about four acres was a gift from W. G. Turbutt esq. of Ogston Hall and opened for burials in 1878. It was extended to around seven acres in the 1930's. The Cemetery was controlled by the Clay Cross Burial Board of nine members until it was abolished by the Local Government Act 1972 and became the responsibility of the Parish Council when it was formed.

As from 1 November 2010 North East Derbyshire District Council adopted responsibility for Clay Cross Cemetery. The District Council staff are there to provide help to people wherever required and to maintain the Cemetery to the highest standards set by the Parish Council.

To make arrangements for internments and to make application to fix a memorial or for any other information you should contact:

Beverley Watson, Cemeteries Assistant Tel 01246 217272 or by email beverley.watson@ne-derbyshire.gov.uk

Cemetery Burial Fees

Cemetery Memorial Fees

Regulations For The Erection of Memorials

Cemetery Rules


Last updated: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:49